Fifth Annual Group Show
Call for Entries
photography, photo-based works, videos
Theme: Open (artist choice)
Juror: Paula Tognarelli
Executive Director & Curator: Griffin Museum of Photography
Deadline: June 24, 2019
Submit up to 5 images or 1 video
Entry Fee: $25
July 20 – August 11, 2019
Reception for Artists
Saturday, July 27, 5-7 pm
Photography, photo-based works and videos (max 5 minutes) are eligible for the show.
SIZE: The maximum size for framed work is 20 inches on longest side.
(See note below in “Selected Artists” re available frames)
Three Steps for Submission
Step One – Prepare Images for Submission
A single entry is a compressed file that includes up to 5 jpgs images
Or, one video of up to 5 minutes. For video provide a link to the video in Step Two below.
1) Up to 5 jpgs
- 72 ppi
- sized to 1200 pixels on VERTICAL side
- saved to quality 3 (no higher, please)
2) Title each jpg as follows:
- Initials of your first and last name
- two digit number, 01 02, etc, based on order you would like images viewed
- title or part of title depending on length, For example:
Step Two – Provide Contact and Submission Information, Upload Images
Step Three – Submission Fees and Payment:
Submission fee is $25 (Up to 5 jpgs). Please pay for submissions immediately before or after uploading your file. You can pay with your Paypal account or with any credit card. You do not need a Paypal account to pay via credit card.
Notification of Selection:
For each Call for Entries, selected artists will be announced on the Davis Orton Gallery website one week after deadline.
Accepted work will include 1 to 3 images from the submission.
Photographers selected for exhibition agree to provide artist information and framed prints (or prints prepared for framing – see below) one week before exhibition.
Please follow these directions carefully.
- Fine art prints of the specific jpg images selected – no larger than 20 inches on longest side.
- Each print must be sent framed (no larger than 20 inches on longest side) and ready to hang OR you have arranged with the gallery to use one of our frames.*
- Some Frames Are Available The gallery has a number of 16” x 20” and 20″x20″ black matte Nielson-style metal frames available for artist use. In this case, reserve frames by sending request email to Karen@davisortongallery.com. Your prints must be prepared (matted or mounted) to fit properly in these frames.
Accepted artists will be sent a link to a Group Show Artist Information Form. There you will be asked for the following.
- Artist Statement (written in first person) – no more than 150 words
- Artist Bio (written in third person) no more than 150 words
- Artist Resume as pdf attachment
- Image Info including:
- title of series if applicable
- image title(s)
- print size
- other sizes available including edition and price
- Return information including name, address, telephone number and whether you will be sending the gallery a pre-paid return label (UPS or USPS preferred) or check or if you wish to have the gallery return your print(s) via UPS and charge you for return.
Terms and Conditions
Sale Of Photographs
All photographs selected for exhibition must be for sale while in exhibition. All photographs are sold on consignment. The Gallery keeps 50% of the print sale price. The artist receives 50% of the print sale price. Sale proceeds will be paid to the artist within 30 days of the close of the show. NB: The print price should be the same price that your print is sold for in other exhibition venues.
Questions?? contact Karen: email@example.com
The Fine Print
IMAGE REPRESENTATION – The gallery reserves the right to withdraw an offer to exhibit if the jpgs provided by the artist do not accurately represent the prints.
LATE SUBMISSIONS AND LATE PAYMENTS – No submission without payment will be considered. No submission will be considered after the deadline. Payments made after the deadline will be refunded at 80%.
SHIPPING – All shipping and shipping insurance costs for photographs to and from the Gallery are the responsibility of the artist. Complete instructions will be provided upon acceptance into the show.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE – The Gallery shall be responsible for the safekeeping of all photographs while in Gallery’s possession. The Gallery shall be strictly liable to the artist for their loss or damage (except for damage resulting from flaws inherent in the photographs), to the full value artist would have received from Gallery if the artwork had been sold.
AGREEMENT – By submitting to this show the artist agrees that images of photographs or video stills can be used to promote the show including publicity and web site promotions. Copyright credit will be given to the artist. Submission of entry constitutes agreement to all conditions in this Call for Entries and Entry Form.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ARTIST:
Artist hereby represents and warrants to Gallery that she or he is the creator of the Artwork and is the owner of all rights to the Artwork and their use as granted to Gallery in this Agreement.